Our Next Event:


Jewish Genealogical Society of Illinois

Log in

Lawn Manor Memorial Plaques

Dating from 1925, the synagogue was first located at 6641 South Troy Street. It was known as Lawn Manor Community Center and then Lawn Manor Jewish Community Center before it became Lawn Manor Hebrew Congregation and moved to a new building at 6601 South Kedzie Avenue in 1956. Lawn Manor Hebrew Congregation became Lawn Manor Beth Jacob after its merger with Beth Jacob of Scottsdale in 1974. 

Originally at:

Lawn Manor Beth Jacob Congregation
6601 South Kedzie
Chicago, IL 60629

Now housed at:

Congregation Am Echad
160 Westwood Drive
Park Forest, IL

639 Plaques in database

Compiled by Sheila Heusmann, Doris Sweeney, and Trudy Barch.

For more information, e-mail Trudy at Lawnmanor@jgsi.org.

Return to the Collections List


© 2021 JGSI | P.O. Box 515, Northbrook, IL 60065-0515 | 312.666.0100 | info@jgsi.org
JGSI is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.