Oakridge-Glen Oaks Cemetery: CHEWRA KADISCHA ESRAS NEDOCHIM
Database contains 2,553 records
Oakridge and Glen Oak are adjoining cemeteries covering 275 acres in west suburban Hillside, Illinois at 4301 West Roosevelt Road. Oakridge opened in 1899 and Glen Oak opened shortly thereafter. The two cemeteries apparently merged in the 1940's. Total Jewish and non-Jewish burials are approximately 100,000. Fewer than 20% of the burials are Jewish.
Oakridge has one big Jewish section, with rows of identical gravestones of red granite, and a few smaller sections. Jewish burials date from 1929 through the present year.
As of 2018, the JGSI database primarily covers Chewra Kadischa Esras Nedochim in Sections 25 through 34, 37 and 41 & 42. The cemetery can assist with burial lookups. Call 708-344-5600
Groups with burials here include:
The large Jewish area is located at the lower right on these maps. Oak Park Temple and West Suburban Temple sections are at the upper left. Within the large Jewish area are the other sections. Click on the map below for those other sections. The Chewra Kadischa Esras Nedochim section is at the northeast corner.